How to Apply for Financial Aid
1. The completed Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) forms must be submitted to SSS (School and Student Service for Financial Aid), along with your most recent tax documents by January 15 for the coming academic year. Both parents need to complete the PFS online. Business/Farm Statement must be completed on line by owners of businesses/farms. Prospective families may apply after January 15 and grants awarded as funds are available.
2. Complete the forms.
- Hilltop’s school code that must go on the forms is: 1435
- It is important that the forms be completed as requested by the service.
- Do not put questions marks (?), N/A, or comments like “none” in the blanks. If the answer is: “zero”, put in “0” rather than leaving the blank empty.
- This year the fee waiver program will be determined by your PFS
and SSS will automatically waive the application fees for the families most in need of financial help.
3. Online applications must include the most recent tax documents along with the PFS to be considered. Take care to avoid errors – these could make your application late. Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered if funds are available after grants have been awarded.
4. All forms and application materials must be sent directly to SSS by January 15, including tax documents, which can be sent electronically or by mail to SSS. Documents we require you to submit, in addition to the PFS:
____ 2014 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ
____ 2015 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ
____ 2014 W2 Form
____ 2015 W2 Form
____ 1099 Form
____ Forms 1065, 1120-S and k-1 schedules (if applicable)
____ Business /Farm Statement for self-employed parents, including a copy of Schedule C Profit and Loss for 2014 as soon as it is available.