How to Apply
Parents interested in the school may schedule a visit beginning in October. Visits are scheduled in the morning at 9 a.m. or 10 a.m., Monday through Friday and take roughly an hour. For your first visit it is best to leave your child at home so that you will have ample time to observe, ask questions and meet with the Head of School.
Please call Lauren Campbell in the Admissions office to schedule a visit or request more information. She can be reached at 802.257.0500 ext 101.
If after visiting the school you are interested in joining Hilltop, please complete the necessary application forms and return to us by March 1. All forms may be mailed to Hilltop Montessori School or faxed to us at 802.254.2671. An application and a $50 application fee must be submitted before student visits are scheduled. A copy of the school records from the student's current school must be received in the admissions office to complete the application.
The admissions office will arrange a visit for students upon receiving an application to the school. Full day visits are scheduled for elementary and middle school students. Students entering the first grade are scheduled for a morning visit. Students applying to the Children's House Program are invited to attend a mini-class at the school for one hour in the morning.
To apply for financial aid, parent(s) or guardian(s) must file a "Parents' Financial Statement" (PFS) with the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS). To be considered for financial aid all forms must be submitted by January 15.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
1. The completed Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) forms must be submitted to SSS (School and Student Service for Financial Aid) by January 15 for the coming academic year. Financial aid applications and the schedule are available online http://sss.nais.org/parents/Pages/default.aspx. Both parents need to complete the PFS online. Business/Farm Statement must be completed on line by owners of businesses/farms.
2. Complete the forms.
• Hilltop’s school code that must go on the forms is: 1435
• It is important that the forms be completed as requested by the service.
• Do not put questions marks (?), N/A, or comments like “none” in the blanks. If the answer is: “zero”, put in “0” rather than leaving the blank empty.
3. Online applications must be in by January 15 in order for your application (PFS) to be considered. Take care to avoid errors – these could make your application late. Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered if funds are available after grants have been awarded.
4. Items to bring/send to school. Meet the deadline (January 15)!
• Copy of PFS that was mailed to SSS and the Business/Farm Statement if applicable.
• Copy of most recent Federal Tax Return, complete with all schedules and W-2s.
Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered if funds are available.
• All information provided by you is kept confidential
• If you have any questions about how to complete the forms, please call the Help Line at SSS website
• Grants are announced in late February/early March
Acceptance letters for new students will be sent out mid-March. Contracts for new students are due two weeks after receipt of acceptance letter. A non-refundable deposit is due at this time.
After March, applications are reviewed on a rolling admissions basis.
Hilltop Montessori School does not discriminate on the basis of physical handicap, race, creed, color, or sex in the administration of its educational policies, admissions, scholarships and other school programs. The school affords each of its students its full range of social, academic, and athletic opportunities.